We have selected ten building problems as a starting point for
discussions about project management. What is the most important
problem you can solve with a professional?
1. Expedite bidding by using complete plan sets, specifications
and scopes of work.
2. Control costs by preparing definitive cost breakdowns with
actual vs. budget controls.
3. Contract the work on best terms with standardized documents
and negotiated agreements.
4. Prepare aggressive, achievable construction schedules with
input from subcontractors and suppliers.
5. Maintain schedules through weekly job meetings to review progress,
plan work, and resolve problems.
6. Make prompt, accurate payments that conform with contract
terms and are fully documented.
7. Obtain required approvals by supporting consultants working
with the DRE, FHA, VA, and other agencies.
8. Complete sales office and models on time through close coordination
with the designer.
9. Support sales reps with up-to-the-minute project information
and marketing materials.
10. Evaluate proposed projects by performing due diligence on
all their elements.
It's important to solve known problems early while ensuring that
others don't fall between the cracks, or even crop up. Skillful
project management can make the difference.